[openstack-dev] [openstack-tc] Incubation Request for Barbican

Jarret Raim jarret.raim at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Dec 3 03:16:59 UTC 2013

> I've been anxious to try out Barbican, but haven't had quite enough time
> try it yet. But finding out it won't work with Qpid makes it unworkable
for us
> at the moment. I think a large swath of the OpenStack community won't be
> able to use it in this form too.

As mentioned in the other thread, Barbican will be looking at oslo messaging
for Icehouse.

In the meantime, you can configure celery to use a pass-through (e.g. no
queue needed). This is the configuration we use for dev / testing. The
documentation for that can be found in the celery docs here:
http://docs.celeryproject.org/en/latest/userguide/

Jarret