[openstack-dev] New Nova hypervisor: Docker

Sam Alba sam.alba at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 18:18:26 UTC 2013

Hi all,

We've been working hard during the last couple of weeks with some
people. Brian Waldon helped a lot designing the Glance integration and
driver testing. Dean Troyer helped a lot on bringing Docker support in
Devstack[1]. On top of that, we got several feedback on the Nova code
review which definitely helped to improve the code.

The blueprint[2] explains what Docker brings to Nova and how to use it.

Before getting it merged into Nova core, the code lives on github[3].

Our goal right now is to have everything ready to get merged for the
Havana release. We need help for getting the code reviewed[4] on time.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/40759/
[2] https://github.com/dotcloud/openstack-docker/blob/master/docs/nova_blueprint.md
[3] https://github.com/dotcloud/openstack-docker
[4] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/32960/