[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Attribute validation questions (from review comments on 43559)

Paul Michali pcm at cisco.com
Tue Aug 27 16:48:02 UTC 2013

Hi!

For VPNaaS there are some attributes, like the Dead Peer Detection interval and timeout, that have some dependencies (timeout should be > interval).  Another example, is the minimum value for the MTU attribute, which would differ, depending upon whether IPv4 or IPv6 is being used.

I see that api/v2/attributes.py allows one to check an individual attribute. I have these questions:

Is there a way to validate an attribute that has a dependency?
If so, is that using some other mechanism than the validators in attributes.py?
For the DPD example, those two attributes are part of a dict. Is there a way to validate the dict, in addition to the individual attributes (can I have a validator on the dict)?
What about validating un-related attributes, like MTU? I'm not sure yet, how I'll know whether IPv4 or IPv6 is selected (I assume by checking the peer_cidr attribute), as the user could specify MTU first.
If we don't test the MTU based on IPv4/6, then what do I use for a lower limit - the IPv4 limit of 68?

Thanks!

PCM (Paul Michali)

MAIL pcm at cisco.com
IRC   pcm_  (irc.freenode.net)