[openstack-dev] [OpenStack][Cinder] Driver qualification

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Tue Aug 27 07:28:20 UTC 2013

On 25/07/13 18:44 -0600, John Griffith wrote:
>Hey Everyone,
>
>Something I've been kicking around for quite a while now but never really been
>able to get around to is the idea of requiring that drivers in Cinder run a
>qualification test and submit results prior to introduction in to Cinder.

FWIW, big +1.

This is something we'll face in Marconi as well. We've been figuring
out a set of drivers that should live in the code base and we'd like
to keep all other drivers out of it. However, this means we need to
have a way to:

1) Know what drivers exist out there - at least let implementers have
them listed somewhere)

2) Make sure those drivers are compliant before being listed anywhere
in the project.

We have some base unit test that test all Marconi's resources
lifecycle and we'll, most probably, do the same for functional tests.

I'd love to see this happening and to help making it happen, feel free
to ping me.

Cheers,
FF

--