[openstack-dev] [keystone] [oslo] postpone key distribution bp until icehouse?

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Tue Aug 20 19:34:43 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-08-14 at 18:02 -0300, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Simo Sorce wrote:
> > On Wed, 2013-08-14 at 14:06 -0300, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> >> I explained why I prefer it to land in a few weeks rather than now...
> >> Can someone explain why they prefer the reverse ? Why does it have to be
> >> in havana ?
> > 
> > Because it was painful top rebase due to the migrations code, however
> > since Adam landed the code that splits migrations so that extensions can
> > have their own separate code for that I think the burden will be
> > substantially lower.
> > 
> > If this is your final word on the matter I'll take notice that the work
> > will be deferred till Icehouse and I will slightly demote its priority
> > in my work queue.
> Like I said in the other email, I don't really have "the final word" on
> this, Dolph has. I can only influence his decision. Personally, with the
> information I have so far, I think the benefits of waiting outweigh the
> drawbacks, but that may be just me and my fear of repeating past mistakes.

During the Oslo meeting last Friday, we decided it would be best to
defer the secure messaging feature until Icehouse. While the code seems
pretty complete, it'll naturally need some settling in time, time to
make all the projects use it and then stuff like docs, devstack support,

I'm looking forward to see this land early in Icehouse.

Part of the implications of this is that we'll focus efforts on adding
this feature to oslo.messaging in Icehouse rather than the rpc library
in oslo-incubator.


More information about the OpenStack-dev mailing list