[openstack-dev] Code review study

Michael Davies michael at the-davies.net
Tue Aug 20 01:50:18 UTC 2013

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 5:14 AM, Jay Buffington <me at jaybuff.com> wrote:

> This is really interesting.  I wish they would have explicitly defined
> "lines of code."   Is that "git show |wc -l"? Just the new lines which
> were added?  The sum of the lines changed, removed and added?  You can
> get vastly different numbers depending on how you count it.

Normally "in the literature" LOC is defined as "non-comment, non-blank
code line deltas, with a few exceptions".

The exceptions normally refer to not counting braces in C-style
languages and other syntactic sugar elements.  Of course in Python we
don't really have these issues to content with :)

I'd normally include comments and docstrings too, since we review these as well.

Michael...
Michael Davies   michael at the-davies.net