[openstack-dev] Any one can help on nova source hacking?

Noorul Islam K M noorul at noorul.com
Tue Aug 13 04:20:31 UTC 2013

"Zhang, Li ((Victor,ES-OCTO-HCC-CHINA-BJ))" <li.zhang23 at hp.com> writes:

> Dear stackers,
>
> Recently, I am planning to hack the source of the nova project, it is really a huge project in openstack!
>
> I got lost in  where to start from, anybody out there can give a hint
> on this?

I also started recently.

1. First thing I did is to go through 'Contribute to OpenStack' section
   in the wiki page https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Main_Page

2. docs.openstack.org also has several documentations.

3. For nova https://launchpad.net/nova page has links to more documents.
   If you are looking at low level API documentation here it is

   http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/devref/index.html

4. The following links were also helpful

   http://www.sandywalsh.com/2012/04/openstack-nova-internals-pt1-overview.html

   http://www.sandywalsh.com/2012/09/openstack-nova-internals-pt2-services.html

   After this there were no follow-up articles.

5. This document is very high level but has a comprehensive diagram in
   it

   http://www.sandywalsh.com/2012/09/openstack-nova-internals-pt2-services.html

I hope this helps. If you find anything interesting, let me know.

Thanks and Regards
Noorul