[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Need help with HBase backend

Thomas Maddox thomas.maddox at RACKSPACE.COM
Mon Aug 12 13:38:22 UTC 2013

Hey team,

I am working on a fix for retrieving the latest metadata on a resource rather than the first with the HBase implementation, and I'm running into some trouble when trying to get my dev environment to work with HBase. It looks like a concurrency issue when it tries to store the metering data. I'm getting the following error in my logs (summary):

013-08-11 18:52:33.980 2445 ERROR ceilometer.collector.dispatcher.database [req-3b3c65c9-1a1b-4b5d-bba5-8224f074b176 None None] Second simultaneous read on fileno 7 detected.  Unless you really know what you're doing, make sure that only one greenthread can read any particular socket.  Consider using a pools.Pool. If you do know what you're doing and want to disable this error, call eventlet.debug.hub_prevent_multiple_readers(False)

Full traceback: http://paste.openstack.org/show/43872/

Has anyone else run into this lovely little problem? It looks like the implementation needs to use happybase.ConnectionPool, unless I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance for help! :)

-Thomas