[openstack-dev] Proposal for approving Auto HA development blueprint.

한승진 yongiman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 08:28:36 UTC 2013

Hi Konglingxian

1. evacuate
 - Nova user request for evacuate operation manually.
 - Evacuate call rebuild method in compute

2. auto-ha
 - All operation is doing automatically.
 - Only role of administrator is register auto-ha-hosts, fixing broken
host, restoring migrated vm.
 - auto-ha call stop-start method.( start method is modified for scheduling
when start method is called. https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Start )

Important thing is Operation level.

If one fo compute nodes is broken, it cannot receive any rpc call and
operate any action.

We need auto operation model when compute node broken occurs because
administrators cannot monitors services always.

I wonder this is enough answer. If you don't understand, please ask me.

Thanks.