[openstack-dev] Motion to start using Gerrit for TC votes

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Aug 6 21:03:21 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-06 17:32:17 -0300 (-0300), Monty Taylor wrote:
[...]
> What if instead we had a repo with a bunch of ReStructureText in it -
> perhaps a copy of the TC charter and then a dir for additional things
> the TC has decided. That repo would be autopublished to a non-wiki
> website ... and the core team for the repo was the TC. EXCEPT, we didnt'
> do a 2 core +2 thing ... we'd have some slightly different rules. Such
> as - certain number of days it has to be open, certain number of +1
> votes, etc. And then only the TC chair has the actual APRV vote, which
> is used to codify the vote tallies.
[...]

I like that it gets you a two-dimensional revision history
(iterative revisions which took place when hashing out the
resolution vs. revisions of what's officially decided/published over
the course of multiple resolutions), and also allows asynchronous
voting. This is actually a really neat idea!
--
Jeremy Stanley