[openstack-dev] [OSLO][RPC] AMQP / ZeroMQ control_exchange vs port numbers

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Fri Apr 26 16:02:02 UTC 2013

On 04/26/2013 11:00 AM, Eric Windisch wrote:
> It isn't a hijack, necessarily. We're talking in both cases of finding
> the correct exchange from which to send or consume a message.

I'm not terribly concerned with the implementation details at this
point, though.  I'm concerned with the idea of allowing any use of the
rpc library for communication cross project (beyond the generic
notification mechanism).

Up to this point, projects have interfaced with each other via HTTP
APIs.  It seems much easier to replace a project with an alternate
implementation using HTTP based interfaces than one that presents the
equivalent of our home-grown rpc communication.  I'm concerned about a
future where projects become more tightly coupled due to rpc
communications as opposed to HTTP APIs.

--
Russell Bryant