[openstack-dev] [marconi] Development process adjustments

Mark Washenberger mark.washenberger at markwash.net
Thu Apr 25 16:59:14 UTC 2013

Just to tag along with this discussion:

Regardless of how one may feel about scrum, or agile processes in open
source development, I think there may be significant merit to the view that
Trello is giving to Marconi's Havana blueprints. Not to beat up on
Launchpad, but I never get a very clear view of what is going on in Glance
when I look at our blueprints page. For example, some possible states for a
launchpad blueprint seem absurd to me, like a blueprint "under discussion"
being prioritized or targeted for a milestone. As another example, its very
hard to reject a blueprint--the only similar options are obsolete,
superceded, and marking as "Not" a priority, none of which clearly express
that the blueprint should not be implemented in any form.

It's definitely the case that more work needs to go into maintaining
Glance's blueprint backlog. But I still wonder if something like Trello
might have an appropriate role to play in our development process by
representing the pipeline that transforms ideas into specified, approved,
and targeted blueprints.