[openstack-dev] Swift and Oslo

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Wed Apr 24 14:51:09 UTC 2013

On 04/24/2013 10:40 AM, John Dickinson wrote:
> I think both of your statements are wrong.
>
> python-swiftclient (on of the swift project deliverables) uses oslo.
>
> Our main issue with oslo is the current state of packaging it. Solve the current copy/paste code tree dance (something that is being worked on, I believe), and we'll be much more open to using oslo.

I don't think it's really something that needs to be solved.  It's
already clearly defined.  Once the API is stable, it moves out of the
incubator and into a library that you would consume like usual.  So to
put it another way, Swift is interested in consuming Oslo libraries once
they have left the incubator and have a stable API?

The oslo config library reached this point in the last cycle.  Do you
have interest in migrating swift to use that?

--
Russell Bryant