[openstack-dev] Pecan vs Falcon?

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 14:25:51 UTC 2013

On 04/24/2013 09:20 AM, Kurt Griffiths wrote:
>> ...there's a huge community around WebOb and they have all
>> implicitly agreed to contribute back solutions to issues
>> that come up.
>
> Why did Swift move away from WebOb? Are they planning to go
> Back to using it at some point?

Swift doesn't use anything in Oslo, so I don't include it in these
conversations because the Swift developers have shown little interest in
using anything that the other OpenStack projects are using.

The focus of these discussions -- at least as far as I thought the focus
was -- is to bring alignment within non-Swift OpenStack projects to the
usage of a duplicative set of WSGI-related libs, as I'm pretty sure the
Swift developer community doesn't care much about that goal.

John D, feel free to correct me if that last statement is wrong.

Best,
-jay