[openstack-dev] Instance Managment

Jesse Pretorius jesse.pretorius at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 15:12:54 UTC 2013

Hi Rugwiro,

While your question is probably best asked in the openstack-operators
mailing list, I'll give you some clues:

1) 'Manage' is a broad term. In order to create, suspend and terminate
instances look at the nova client's command line options. In order to
access your instances you'll need to setup the security rules (which are
essentially firewall rules) to allow access to the instances, and for linux
you'll need to setup a ssh key to be able to authenticate. If this hasn't
answered your question, please elaborate on what you mean by 'manage'.
2) Web-based management is done through Horizon, which is the web interface
into Openstack. For end-users it can be used to access instances through
VNC and to do various administrative tasks.

Best regards,

Jesse

On 22 April 2013 13:49, Rugwiro Ulysse <rugwiro05 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone!
>
> I am working on Nova API and i would like to find out :
>
> 1.how can i manage instances? any Idea would be much appriciated!
> 2.if i would like to make a web based platform instance managment what
> direction would i go? (Please point me in the right direction)
>
> Thanks!!

Jesse Pretorius
mobile: +27 83 680 5492
email: jesse.pretorius at gmail.com