[openstack-dev] Scheduler hints with xml

Mauro Rodrigues maurosr at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Sep 11 17:40:28 UTC 2012

Hi guys!

I'm helping vishy to get the api samples covered [1].

Now I'm working specifically with the scheduler hints server extension and having some problems with xml post requisitions:

  - First of all there is no definition how a xml post requisition to create a new server with scheduler hints looks like in documentation [2], only json.

  - Second is: in the server's xml deserializer there's no scheduler hints extractor (so even if we had how the xml should look like the information would be ignored).

So I'm going to implement this step of the deserializer, but first I would like to ask you how the xml should look like.

I've made this draft http://etherpad.openstack.org/OSNuCodp3y with 3 basic ideas, and would be great have your feedback on it.

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2012-August/000852.html

[2] http://api.openstack.org

Thanks in advance!