[openstack-dev] [nova] XML testing and support update

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 00:43:58 UTC 2012

Hello Everyone,

We have been plugging away at nova XML support from a couple of different angles and have made decent progress.

Integration testing in Tempest
==============================

Dan Smith and his team have been adding XML testing to tempest[1]. They have already found bugs[2] and are helping to fix them. They are making excellent progress. If you would like to help out with this effort pleas contact Dan Smith <danms at us.ibm.com> or find him in #nova-xml on freenode.

Api sample testing

I've added a framework[3] for testing and autogenerating api samples for api.openstack.org. This has uncovered a few errors in the samples and a bug[4] in nova. I really want to get this covering all of the apis and extensions so our examples are complete and verified to work. There is a lot to cover, so I could use some help getting this finished ASAP. I've created an etherpad[5] to list all of the work that needs to be done so we can collaborate. Please get in touch with me or pop into #nova-xml on irc and I can help you get started. Thanks

Conclusion

With the work going on, I'm confident that we can get the bugs ironed out in XML and have a documented set of working examples with the folsom release. A lot of great work has been done over the past couple of weeks. Thanks to everyone who is helping.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/11500/
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1040891
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/11263/
[4] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1039276