[openstack-dev] Nova no-db-compute update

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Fri Oct 26 13:50:38 UTC 2012

On 10/26/2012 03:07 AM, Mike Wilson wrote:
> This is good to hear, I've started on a bit of this as it's pretty
> important to Bluehost's openstack installations. I'd love to
> contribute back and not be running over each other on this. Are there
> related bugs or subtasks that I could get assigned?

Thanks for your interest!

We are currently tracking the work on the etherpad.  It's not the most
elegant solution, but it's quick and easy to edit.

    https://etherpad.openstack.org/grizzly-nova-no-db-compute

Toward the bottom you will see an audit of db accesses that need to be
worked on.  At the very bottom there is a note about the general areas
that Dan and I are looking at currently.

As for a specific task you could start with, take a look at the
add_aggregate_host() and remove_aggregate_host() methods.  They both do
a db.aggregate_get() that can be removed using the same pattern as many
other updates to the compute rpcapi.

If you start working on something, leave a note on the etherpad.

--
Russell Bryant