[openstack-dev] Nova no-db-compute update

Dan Smith danms at us.ibm.com
Fri Oct 26 13:37:39 UTC 2012

MW> This is good to hear, I've started on a bit of this as it's pretty
MW> important to Bluehost's openstack installations. I'd love to
MW> contribute back and not be running over each other on this. Are
MW> there related bugs or subtasks that I could get assigned?

Perhaps a blueprint would make this clearer, but here's what I'm working
on:

I'm pushing all the database accesses out of the virt drivers into the
manager layer. Not because that's where we want them, but because once
they're all there, we expect we'll have a better idea of how to
consolidate, refactor, and offload them somewhere else.

I'll let him speak for himself, but I believe that Russell is plowing
through compute/manager.py fixing up remaining db-messaging patterns.

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center