[openstack-dev] [Quantum] Automatic tests

Gary Kotton gkotton at redhat.com
Sun Oct 7 08:06:32 UTC 2012

Hi,
There have been a number of issues regarding unit tests as of late - the
main problem being that they are taking too long. The reason for the
increased test time was using a file instead of memory. I have tried a
number of things to improve the test times but to no avail (for example
defining the pragma cache which I understand uses mmap for the file -
this reduced the time of an average test from 4 seconds to 2 seconds.
When using memory this was 0.10 secs). I have reverted them back to the
in memory and suggest that we discuss on how to tackle the problem in
the future. I think that it is better that we have the tests running and
try and work on a better long term solution off line. I guess that we
can discuss this at summit. Please look at -
https://review.openstack.org/14135
Thanks
Gary