[openstack-dev] [Quantum] Support pagination in api v2.0

Xu He Jie xuhj at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Nov 8 15:16:00 UTC 2012

On 2012年11月08日 14:46, Akihiro MOTOKI wrote:
> Alex, Quantum folks,
>
> Thanks for working on pagination support in Quantum.
> The design docs is very detail and code looks almost good.
Akihiro, Thank you for the reply!
> When adding pagination support, we also need to consider
> API v2.0 backward compatibility. According to your proposal
> at least the following points will be changed.
> - Not all items are returned in one listing operation
>    (All items are returned in the current v2.0 API)

We have option 'max_limit' in quantum.conf. We can specific a special
value(example: -1) for
disable pagination. And if user didn't add 'limit' params in the url,
all items are returned in one
list operation. So pagination will be a optional feature. If user want
to use it, just add 'limit' params
in url.

> - Pagination link is added in the response.

When user didn't specific a limit value, we don't show the pagination links.

> Should we change v2.0 API to support pagination, or keep v2.0 API unchanged
> and add pagination support in the next version of API (v2.1)?

In next version, we can specific a default limit value. Then force limit
the maximum of items
are returned in one operation.