[openstack-dev] [Quantum] Support pagination in api v2.0

Akihiro MOTOKI motoki at da.jp.nec.com
Thu Nov 8 06:46:00 UTC 2012

Alex, Quantum folks,

Thanks for working on pagination support in Quantum.
The design docs is very detail and code looks almost good.

When adding pagination support, we also need to consider
API v2.0 backward compatibility. According to your proposal
at least the following points will be changed.
- Not all items are returned in one listing operation
  (All items are returned in the current v2.0 API)
- Pagination link is added in the response.

Should we change v2.0 API to support pagination, or keep v2.0 API unchanged
and add pagination support in the next version of API (v2.1)?

Before reviewing the patch in gerrit, it is better to clarify this point.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Akihiro Motoki