[openstack-dev] [Netstack] [Quantum] Starting a discussion on the official spec for v2 API

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 16:14:51 UTC 2012

On 07/17/2012 04:43 PM, Robert Kukura wrote:
> I favor Salvatore's current boolean "public" attribute, unless we really
> think that there will eventually be more than two choices, in which case
> maybe we should call it "shareability" or "visibility" or something similar.

We use "visibility" in the Glance v2 API for identical functionality, as
a string with options "public" and "private". Behind the scenes we are
using a boolean DB field "is_public", however, to store the field value.
We just print "public" or "private" in the output of GET commands
because it seems more descriptive.

Cheers,
-jay