[openstack-dev] [Keystone] API to get Token for Trusts

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Fri Dec 21 04:16:18 UTC 2012

On 12/20/2012 11:10 PM, Dolph Mathews wrote:
> I'd vote for POST for exactly the reasoning you describe. I'd also
> consider avoiding putting the trust ID in the URL for the same reason
> we don't want token ID's in URL's: it's a secret and effectively a
> credential.
I suspected someone would respond with that.  It actually is not a
secret.  The user must authenticate as themselves in order to get the
token for the trust.  Anyone can know about the trust, only the trustee
can get a token for that trust.

That said, it might be smart to hide the trust ID just because "why
share it."

Would it make more sense to do as the payload
{trust_id:"123456789ABCDEF"}

And make the  POST to /token/trusts/{trustid}  ?