[openstack-dev] [Quantum] Quantum Scheduler

Eugene Nikanorov enikanorov at mirantis.com
Tue Dec 18 14:25:54 UTC 2012

Hi Yong Sheng,

I see you've started working on
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/quantum/+spec/quantum-scheduler

We also thought on designing/implementing scheduler for load balancer
service.
Although we're working on it within LBaaS effort, we're designing scheduler
to be a framework where service-specific scheduling algorithms may
easily be plugged.

Could you briefly go over
http://wiki.openstack.org/Quantum/LBaaS/Architecture/Scheduler and share
your thoughts?
I think it would be better to have one scheduling component in quantum
rather than a set of shedulers for each kind of service.

Also I have a question regarding quantum scheduler architecture proposal
(both options1 and 2) in blueprint spec:
why does it need to be a separate process?

Thanks,
Eugene.