[openstack-dev] oslo library version summary

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Sun Dec 16 08:02:16 UTC 2012

Hey all,

ttx, markmc and I synced up on the versioning of oslo libraries, and
have settled on a system which is a superset of what we do with client
libraries - which means we can just implement an additional feature in
the current code and it'll handle both sets of things. We'll sync up
later on to discuss applicability of this to the server projects as well.

Essentially, it breaks down like this:

A tag to the repo will trigger tarball generation.

If the tag contains alpha\d*, beta\d* or rc\d*, the tarball will only be
uploaded to tarballs.openstack.org. This will allow those pre-releases
to be used in the other projects.

Otherwise, the tarball will be uploaded to tarballs.o.o AND PyPI. This
should allow us to use released versions of oslo libraries in pip-requires.

Turns out it's easy to implement:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/18171/

As soon as that lands, we should be able to handle the oslo requirements.

Thanks!
Monty