[openstack-dev] [Keystone] Trusts and Explicit Impersonation

David Chadwick d.w.chadwick at kent.ac.uk
Tue Dec 11 13:06:11 UTC 2012

Hi Mark

I am finding it difficult to understand your use case. Can you help me
please. If Nova is the compute service, then surely it is able to upload
any images that it wants to, otherwise how can they run? Isnt it the
case that Nova is the service provider, which has a policy that says who
is entitled to upload images to it? Someone, say the deployer, sets this
policy. So say the policy is "role X can upload images", then any user
who can authenticate to Keystone and be assigned role X is able to
upload images. Doesnt this provide the functionality you need?

regards

David