[openstack-dev] [Quantum][LBaaS] Selecting an LBaaS device given a service type

Eugene Nikanorov enikanorov at mirantis.com
Tue Dec 11 07:39:53 UTC 2012

Hi Salvatore,

Couple of questions regarding service_types:

1) At which point client (tenant) indicates service_type it wants?
I mean there is nothing yet in tenant API that references service_type.
2) Once service_type is identified, it should be somehow associated with
logical objects created with this service_type so further requests for
these objects don't require service type?
3) Why do we need "plugin" in service type? Should tenant be aware of
plugin it's going to use?

Thanks,
Eugene.