[openstack-dev] python-cinderclient launchpad release question

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Dec 6 10:47:12 UTC 2012

Matt Joyce wrote:
> Yes.  We definitely should remove it.  As the launchpad pages for the
> projects are announcing these are the latest source releases, with a big
> green download button on the main page.

I agree that unless we keep them extremely current, having them on
Launchpad in addition to PyPI is confusing.

I removed the Launchpad milestones and downloads for (outdated) client
libraries after having checked that PyPI was still proposing them, and
added a pointer to the PyPI downloads.

We may restore Launchpad-based downloads if we automate upload-to-LP at
the same time as upload-to-PyPI.

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)