[openstack-dev] Blueprint proposal: Drop setuptools_git for including data/config files

Sam Morrison sorrison at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 04:08:51 UTC 2012

On 05/12/2012, at 10:35 AM, Joshua Harlow <harlowja at yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

> Isn't this also a code-review quality problem?

I agree.

Also if the setuptools_git is just including all the files in the git repo then couldn't we just do that with a recursive include in the MANIFEST.in file instead.
Would just need to catch all the file types, that could possibly be done at the gerrit stage automatically?

Currently when I build our debs I have this crazy script to generate a MANIFEST.in file then make a debian patch for it to apply at build time.

Sam