[openstack-dev] [nova] New blueprint improve-boot-from-volume

Nikola Đipanov ndipanov at redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 18:45:21 UTC 2012

Hi Vish/all,

As a result of a discussion here a few days ago [1], and also some
discussions in the review thread of this patch [2], I realized that it
may be good to create a blueprint to reference this work, as it will
inevitably be a series of patches, so it will be easier to track.

The blueprint can be found here:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/improve-boot-from-volume

I tried to keep the objectives clear and concise, so that it would be
easier to reason about, and to have it approved.

Even though I feel there was some meaningful discussion around it
already, please feel free to point out things that may have been missed.
I also asked russellb if he could add it to the Nova weekly team meeting
agenda (which he was kind enough to do) so this might be a good place
for interested parities to discuss it live as well.

Looking forward to feedback and the work ahead,

All the best,

Nikola Đipanov

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2012-November/002793.html