[openstack-dev] Host-update API extension is the replacement for nova-manage service?

Rosa, Andrea (HP Cloud Services) andrea.rosa at hp.com
Fri Aug 10 15:50:56 UTC 2012

Hi

I know that the plan is try to replace the nova-manage command and move actions as API extensions.
The API extension "host-update" is supposed to replace action for enabling/disabling services (nova-manage enable service...), is that correct?

It seems to me that this extensions at this moment is just supported by the XEN plugin, as I have just worked on a blueprint to extend the nova-manage service functionality[1], I was wondering if that change makes sense or do I need to rewrite it as an API extension?

If I need to create a new API extension I'd like to make this feature available for libvirt driver.
Regards
--
Andrea Rosa

[1]https://review.openstack.org/#/c/10877/