[Win The Enterprise-wg] Wiki page for the team

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Fri Nov 14 11:34:33 UTC 2014

Hello folks

it was great to see many of you in Paris. I and Carol had a chat
yesterday about the set of tools used by this team to keep up with the
work. I'm sharing the results of the conversation here so I don't loose
my notes:

- the team has an increasing amount of etherpads and google
docs/spreadsheets to keep track of activities
- weekly meetings produce work items that end up in places where it's
too easy to loose track of them
- search is very limited or impossible with the current tools

Given these problems, one path we agreed to explore is to use the wiki a
bit more. More "stable" content should be in the wiki while etherpads
should be used mainly for quick note-taking. For example, WTE's team
page https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Win_the_Enterprise could be listing
all the sub-teams and link to all its current resources (spreadsheets,
pads, etc). Also each team could maintain there a link to the etherpads
containing the notes for the weekly calls.

One caveat to keep in mind is that when etherpads get too long, they
become hard to manage. Ideally you'd want to create a new pad for each
call, and add a link to the wiki to it so it doesn't get lost. This may
require too many clicks, I understand it... Finding the right balance is
up to you :)

We'll also look at storyboard.openstack.org to see how viable it is to
track tasks. More news on that later. The wiki is a good way to start
organizing a 'landing page' for the team and spread the word about this
effort.

/stef