[Elections-committee] [Foundation Board] Thank you and Actions

Joseph_B_George at Dell.com Joseph_B_George at Dell.com
Thu Nov 7 21:01:22 UTC 2013

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
My two cents - this is important enough of an issue that we need to lay out a messaging plan more formally.

Two key tenets to this:

-          Simplicity - I still do not believe we have clearly articulated what the problem is, clearly conveyed the two solutions simply (in a minimum amount of words / text), and how those solve the previous stated problem.

-          Execution - Once we have the simple message, we need to lay out a plan to go to where the community is (devs and users) to educate - IRC, web, meetup presentations, webinar, social media, simple collateral, etc

I'd add that this was at lunch, and there were booth events happening driving traffic there, so the turnout was impacted by that.

Perhaps the Foundation marketing team can drive some help here with plan and execution - I am willing to help as needed.

Joseph B George
Sr Director, Cloud and Big Data Solutions

From: Van Lindberg [mailto:van.lindberg at RACKSPACE.COM]
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2013 4:39 AM
To: Todd Moore; Tristan Goode
Cc: foundation-board at lists.openstack.org; elections-committee at lists.openstack.org
Subject: Re: [Foundation Board] [Elections-committee] Thank you and Actions

In terms of reaching more people, on Monday I published a blog post on the Rackspace blog talking about the issue - <http://<http://www.rackspace.com/blog/lets-change-the-way-we-elect-the-openstack-board>www.rackspace.com<http://www.rackspace.com/blog/lets-change-the-way-we-elect-the-openstack-board>/blog/lets-change-the-way-we-elect-the-<http://www.rackspace.com/blog/lets-change-the-way-we-elect-the-openstack-board>openstack<http://www.rackspace.com/blog/lets-change-the-way-we-elect-the-openstack-board>-board<http://www.rackspace.com/blog/lets-change-the-way-we-elect-the-openstack-board>/>. This is the first of some "position papers" we will be publishing to explain our views on various governance issues.

Van

Van Lindberg
van.lindberg at rackspace.com<mailto:van.lindberg at rackspace.com>