[Elections-committee] [Foundation Board] Thank you and Actions

Van Lindberg van.lindberg at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Nov 7 20:39:21 UTC 2013

In terms of reaching more people, on Monday I published a blog post on the Rackspace blog talking about the issue - <http://<http://www.rackspace.com/blog/lets-change-the-way-we-elect-the-openstack-board>www.rackspace.com<http://www.rackspace.com/blog/lets-change-the-way-we-elect-the-openstack-board>/blog/lets-change-the-way-we-elect-the-<http://www.rackspace.com/blog/lets-change-the-way-we-elect-the-openstack-board>openstack<http://www.rackspace.com/blog/lets-change-the-way-we-elect-the-openstack-board>-board<http://www.rackspace.com/blog/lets-change-the-way-we-elect-the-openstack-board>/>. This is the first of some "position papers" we will be publishing to explain our views on various governance issues.

Van

Van Lindberg
van.lindberg at rackspace.com<mailto:van.lindberg at rackspace.com>
m: 214.364.7985<tel:2143647985>

________________________________
From:"Todd Moore"
Sent: Nov 7, 2013 11:31:27 AM
To: "Tristan Goode" ;
Cc: "foundation-board at lists.openstack.org" ; "elections-committee at lists.openstack.org" ;
Subject: Re: [Foundation Board] [Elections-committee] Thank you and Actions

Sorry we were boring.  :-)  I think I recognized at least 8 people that had provided commentary previously.  The audience dropped in number as the curious moved on (as we "bored" them).  My observation was after sorting through and subtracting foundation board members, and staff at the end of the session and asking others opinions on who the attendees were.  If you have a more accurate number please update us.

Net:  we certainly did not wow the audience, or attract many people.  So, how are we going to reach more folks?  I think that is what is most important.

Todd M. Moore

Director, Interoperability and Partnerships

tmmoore at us.ibm.com

[Inactive hide details for Tristan Goode ---11/08/2013 12:59:31 AM---I can't agree with this observation "The audience was mostl]Tristan Goode ---11/08/2013 12:59:31 AM---I can't agree with this observation "The audience was mostly composed of the individuals that have b

Tristan Goode <tristan at aptira.com>

Todd Moore/Austin/IBM at IBMUS,

"elections-committee at lists.openstack.org" <elections-committee at lists.openstack.org>, "foundation-board at lists.openstack.org" <foundation-board at lists.openstack.org>

11/08/2013 12:59 AM

Re: [Elections-committee] Thank you and Actions
________________________________

I can't agree with this observation "The audience was mostly composed of the individuals that have been commenting on the mailing lists". There were a few mailing list people there that I saw, the crowd seemed to be mostly curious or bored onlookers.

Tristan Goode
Chief Executive Officer

+61 400 399 211<tel:%2B61%20400%20399%20211>
+612 8030 2333<tel:%2B612%208030%202333>
1800 APTIRA
aptira.com<http://aptira.com/>
Follow @aptira<https://twitter.com/#%21/aptira>
Follow @tristangoode<https://twitter.com/#%21/tristangoode>

The audience was mostly composed of the individuals that have been commenting on the mailing lists