[OpenStack-DefCore] Ubuntu 15.10 deprecated, not available anymore on DreamHost [interop]

Stefano Maffulli stefano+interop at openstack.org
Mon Oct 10 20:08:27 UTC 2016

On 10/10/2016 12:18 PM, stefano+interop at openstack.org wrote:
> For the interop challenge, that represents an issue: do other public
> clouds have the same concern? If this is limited to DreamHost, how would
> you suggest to better address it?

well, never mind... Since Ubuntu 16.04 still doesn't work well with
Ansible, I reverted the DreamHost env file to Ubuntu 14.04 because using
16.04 would require to change the roles... 14.04 will do.

I rebased and pushed a new version to
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/374394/

Which leads to another question: until last week DreamHost didn't use
'ubuntu' as default username for the images and therefore I made the
ssh-user a parameter for the yml environment. Nowadays DreamHost uses
the default username for Ubuntu images, 'ubuntu' so strictly speaking my
patch is not needed.

Please leave a comment on the review and I'll revert the playbook to
where it was.

thanks,
stef