[OpenStack-DefCore] Updating DefCore CoChair Description in the process document

Egle Sigler egle.sigler at rackspace.com
Mon Jan 25 17:35:09 UTC 2016

Hello DefCore,

For the past year, the DefCore Committee has been operating with a lot of input and hard work from the community, with two CoChairs and board oversight. Both me and Rob have been Board members, however, our process documents do not specify that both CoChairs must be board members. After some discussion with Alan Clark (chairman of the foundation) and Rob, we would like to formalize the DefCore as a Working group with Board oversight, with two co-chairs. It is essential that both the board and the community are involved. I am proposing a change to the process document to have one board member as a co-chair and one co-chair elected by the committee/working group.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/271908/

This is a bit short notice, and I would really appreciate your feedback. If there are no major disagreements, I would like to propose this change during tomorrow afternoon's board meeting for board's approval. Please review and let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Egle Sigler