[OpenStack-DefCore] Updated Bylaws

Joshua McKenty joshua at pistoncloud.com
Thu Sep 11 17:28:34 UTC 2014

Rob and Jonathan, thank you both for the clarifications. I see where we got wires crossed.

My only further concern is to make sure that, despite the convenience, each potential Bylaws change is structured as a separate redline, and voted on individually - both by the board, and by the membership. Specifically:

1. DefCore-related changes that clarify the meaning of core, and the difference between integrated release and project.
2. ATC-related changes that should be considered an amendment to the TC processes.
3. Legal Affairs committee changes.
4. Election reform (if we end up coming back to this one).
5. CLA reform (again, if it comes back in).

Since I’ve seen scope creep on #2 and #3, I start to get worried about 4 and 5 - which would certainly nuke our chances of getting 1 through this window.

I believe the clarification of all of this is one of the things that got sacrificed at the last board meeting due to poor schedule management. Alan, can you make sure we have at least 30 minutes on the agenda for the next board meeting to talk about Bylaws amendments *if* there’s a goal of driving these forward? That would be on the general topic of making bylaws amendments, not any of the specific redlines that could be in the hopper.

--

Joshua McKenty
Chief Technology Officer

"Oh, Westley, we'll never survive!"
"Nonsense. You're only saying that because no one ever has."