[OpenStack-DefCore] Updated Bylaws

Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com
Thu Sep 11 16:36:17 UTC 2014

> From: Jonathan Bryce [mailto:jonathan at openstack.org]
> From Rob's earlier post it sounds like the DefCore process appendix is an absolute pre-requisite before
> further review of Bylaws changes, even if that pushes the Bylaws changes out past 2015 Individual Member elections. Is that correct?

Yes, this has been requested as a pre-requisite several times (including at the Board meeting).  I can't see how it would help at this point, but I'm happy to provide numerous references to this ordering going back to before ATL.

There is no need to risk the timelines.  The purpose of a focus on the appendix (which was drafted in June: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/DefCoreLighthouse.F2F ) was to make the bylaws changes very minimal.

Consequently:
1) the bylaws changes should be minimal and not require substantial review/discussion
2) the appendix does not require NOT community voting for future changes so the stakes are lower.  We can make adjustments as a Board if needed.