[OpenStack-DefCore] DefCore Meeting on Designated Sections, Thursday 11am PT

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Wed Sep 3 17:03:45 UTC 2014

I'd like to point out that Jim Blair and Infra are MASSIVE end-users, and have no direct involvement in writing or deploying OpenStack. It's easy to forget that and think that end users are not represented in our current make up. We continually provide direct feedback on elements of the experience which are poor, both to Rackspace and HP who are our providers, as well as to the developers.

The end user is pretty darned important, and when you attempt to be one, it's crystal clear the OpenStack sees it's user base as the deployers and distros. I would love to see us cowtow less to them and pay more attention to the users.