[OpenStack-DefCore] Please review, results from Designated Sections review w/ recommendations. +1s needed

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Mon Aug 18 05:46:36 UTC 2014

Thanks for taking the time Rob, much appreciated. Certainly wasn't
trying to be "Bill Clinton" there! I'm talking about only case number 1.

>> For example, in the case of an "OpenStack Powered" cloud
>> that offers an object store that is not swift, would they
>> be recommended/required to denote that actually that
>> particular bit was not "Openstack Powered"?
>
> 1)      object store (not swift code) passes all the swift capabilities
>> YES, they can use the trademark
>
> If we change the recommendation to include designated sections for swift
> then case 1 becomes a NO.

What I am seeking to confirm is any additional steps this cloud provider
would have to perform, other than "passing the capabilities".

My guess is that they would have no obligation to (for example):
* inform the user that the object storage is not swift
* publish swift as a line item in the "versions of openstack components"
list that Joshua reminded us about (eg "swift: not used")

Am I correct in that?

Regards,

Tom