[OpenStack-DefCore] Please review, results from Designated Sections review w/ recommendations. +1s needed

Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com
Mon Aug 18 05:15:49 UTC 2014

Ok, I'll give it a shot.  I think we have a "Bill Clinton" issue with the word "is" here because it depends on what you mean by "is."  For DefCore, we define a project primarily by capabilities defined by the API.

> For example, in the case of an "OpenStack Powered" cloud
> that offers an object store that is not swift, would they
> be recommended/required to denote that actually that
> particular bit was not "Openstack Powered"?

There are a few options based on the current recommendation:

1)      object store (not swift code) passes all the swift capabilities > YES, they can use the trademark

2)      object store (not swift code) does not pass the swift capabilities > NO, they cannot use the trademark

3)      object store (uses swift code) passes all the swift capabilities > YES, they can use the trademark

4)      object store (uses swift code) does not pass the swift capabilities > NO, they cannot use the trademark

If we change the recommendation to include designated sections for swift then case 1 becomes a NO.

Better?