[User-committee] [openstack-dev] Boston Forum - Formal Submission Now Open!

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Mar 23 08:37:45 UTC 2017

Eoghan Glynn wrote:
> Thanks for putting this together!
>
> But one feature gap is some means to tag topic submissions, e.g.
> tagging the project-specific topics by individual project relevance.
> That could be a basis for grouping topics, to allow folks to better
> manage their time during the Forum.
>
> (e.g. if someone was mostly interested in say networking issues, they
> could plan to attend all the neutron- and kuryr-tagged topics more
> easily if those slots were all scheduled in a near-contiguous block
> with minimal conflicts)

That is a good point! The tooling we are using this time is pretty basic
(a resurrection of good old odsreg for submission / selection, with
manual scheduling to the summit scheduling system in the end), and we'll
certainly improve it for future Forums.

For this first one, we'll likely rely on the Forum selection committee
to add the relevant tags when they manually schedule the session. It's
probably doable since there are a lot less sessions (only 3 parallel
Forum rooms * 4 days compared to the ~20 * 5 we had in "Design Summits").

So if you have specific attendance needs that should be tagged in a
session, I encourage you to mention it in the description, for them to
pick it up at scheduling time. Also, once the schedule is up, if you see
a missing tag, feel free to reach out to them so that they add it.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)