[User-committee] [scientific] IRC Meeting: Papers, Singularity, CephFS, upcoming events

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Tue Jun 6 17:34:16 UTC 2017

I’ll try to join but just in case ….

The CERN CephFS experience is at https://www.openstack.org/videos/boston-2017/manila-on-cephfs-at-cern-the-short-way-to-production. Happy with the solution as a POSIX compliant shared file system. Only slight concern is that the kernel client does not have quota support yet so we’re only deploying FUSE.

For the papers repository, I’ve described how new documents can be submitted at http://openstack-in-production.blogspot.fr/2017/06/openstack-papers-community-on-zenodo.html. Integrating with Planet OpenStack is not easy but I think there is significant value to providing research portal compliant with OpenStack’s principles…. And it runs on the CERN OpenStack cloud too ☺

Tim