[User-committee] [Product] Which projects should be featured in Summit "project update" track?

Heidi Joy Tretheway heidijoy at openstack.org
Thu Feb 16 20:52:01 UTC 2017

Hi Product Work Group,
I wanted to remind you that the PWG has the opportunity to select projects for the “project updates” track at the Boston Summit (this is not through the usual CFP process). We have 32 slots of 40 minutes each. I’ve prepopulated the list with the 25 projects we routinely track for the roadmap (the most-adopted projects) and I’ve started outreach to these Pike PTLs.

This is a great opportunity to take a significant load off the PWG’s plate in terms of formulating the roadmap. We’ll use these recorded sessions on the project navigator, replacing the Newton Design Series webinar interviews we’ve done in the past. We’ll also be able to create a presentation template for PTLs with slides that we typically have to create ourselves after the webinar interviews.

Please take a moment to go here to add your suggested projects here:  https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/PTLupdatesBoston <https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/PTLupdatesBoston>
Consider that we might want to include widely used projects like Documentation or Stable Branch Maintenance or Security that aren’t typically part of our roadmap process.

Please make your suggestions by Tuesday, Feb. 21. After that point, we’ll consider any projects that would like to self-nominate for the remaining slots, which will be divided into shorter, 20-minute segments and filled as space permits. If you’d like to give input on selecting these, let me know. Thanks for your input on this!