[User-committee] [AppEco-WG] AppDev Summit Cheat Sheet

David F Flanders dff.openstack at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 11:53:27 UTC 2016

Dear Michael, Patricia and other members of the AppEco-WG,

I'm writing to suggest that the AppEco-WG should create a "summit cheat
sheet" for any and all activities intended for AppDev during the summit.

I feel this is an important document we should put together collectively so
we can advertise the numerous AppDev activities ongoing.

For example here are some of the things which I've been trying to keep pace
which would be good to let any AppDev coming to the summit know about:

   1. cloudAppDev focused track and key presentations.
   2. new app dev training videos and tutorials building on
   #my1stCloudAppGuide
   3. forthcoming call for proposal from the CloudAppHack-WG for the next
   series hackathons.
   4. shade, shade and more shade (SDK/API)
   5. cloud application developer lounge
   6. self-paced labs at the summit
   7. AppEco-WG activities
   8. ISV-WG activities, esp book sprint for enteprise apps
   9. Container training
   10. Shade training

And that's just a starter for ten, I'm sure I am missing another dozen
activities including BoFs, etc..  Let alone, the initiatives which
companies will have ongoing at booths.

How best can we: a.) collect a comprehensive list of appDev activities
(along with clear descriptions of how they relate), and b.) what format can
we present this info for appDev?  <-- a blog post on SuperUser, as part of
the summit app, an online guide like: https://www.openstack.org/
summit/barcelona-2016/city-guide/

Any suggestion most welcome, or perhaps we just get quickly started by
having everyone quickly list (and categorise) the AppDev activities ad hoc
here:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/appdev-summit-cheat-sheet-barcelona

^^Pretty please contribute 🙏to this shared resource :)

Greatly appreciated for any considerations, very glad to chat further via
the AppEco-WG meetings, as per Michael and Patricia's agenda.

Kind Regards,

Flanders