[User-committee] [app] FirstApp Status Update

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Mon Nov 23 07:29:53 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Here's your update on the status of FirstApp:

	1 	2 	3 	4 	5
dotnet

fog

jclouds

libcloud

openstacksdk

php-opencloud

pkgcloud

shade

Published

Ready for Test

In progress

Not done

One thing that isn't on there is the amazing review of the entire guide
*Diane Fleming* just did to fix all of the wording and grammar to make
it more understandable. That was a big effort!

In particular, right now we need review help for:

*jclouds
*https://review.openstack.org/#/c/244961/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/248528/

**Stanislaw Szydlo** has section 3 for *openstacksdk* here:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/238952/

and writing help for all SDKs for *swift*, in addition to anything else
you can contribute.

I've just put up an incomplete start on the *shade* swift chapter
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/248547/

once that is merged, then we'll go to a call for testing for the shade
guide immediately since *Caleb* already did the rest ;)

*Martin Paulo* has been doing some nice work on the orchestration
section and also jclouds, as has *Nick Chase*:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/248528/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/244961/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/246733/

If you are interested in the broader vision of App Dev docs, comment on
this patch from *Anne Gentle*:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/246660/

Regards,

Tom