[Product] Quota and accounting user stories from the scientific working group

Arkady_Kanevsky at DELL.com Arkady_Kanevsky at DELL.com
Wed May 25 16:56:30 UTC 2016

Thanks Tim.

We usually pick 3-5 user stories to drive per release.
So we go thru heavy discussions and voting on prioritization of which user stories to pick for release.
And then that prioritization is percolated cross-functional specs and individual projects blueprints.
From that perspective it is better to have all quota related use cases in one user story.

I personally want to avoid user stories that are specific to one workload community, be it enterprise, public cloud, NFV, HPC or any other.
It creates unhealthy competition that is detrimental to community as the whole.

Thanks,
Arkady

From: Tim Bell [mailto:Tim.Bell at cern.ch]
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 11:43 AM
To: Kanevsky, Arkady <Arkady_Kanevsky at DELL.com>; product-wg at lists.openstack.org
Subject: Re: [Product] Quota and accounting user stories from the scientific working group

I’d be happy to either add a new one or to expand the current one in quota/capacity planning ?

My worry to expand the existing one is that since there is a significant set of additional use cases to add, these new items would dilute the existing user story.

On the other hand, we could make a consistent set of requests if we integrate them and it would avoid asking for potentially incompatible requirements.

I’ve listed the needs at the end of the CERN blog which seems to sum up most of the scientific working group requirements so I’m happy to work on whatever would be the best way to present these needs (both the existing user story and the HTC/HPC ones) to the community.

Tim