[Product] Non-Cloud Product Validation

Sun, Yih Leong yih.leong.sun at intel.com
Wed Jan 20 17:55:49 UTC 2016

Are you looking at bifrost?
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/bifrost/
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/bifrost/readme.html#use-cases
https://github.com/openstack/bifrost

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Krotscheck [mailto:krotscheck at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 9:23 AM
To: product-wg at lists.openstack.org
Subject: [Product] Non-Cloud Product Validation

Hello, everyone!

The ironic team is curious as to whether this group has done any work to validate product uses for openstack services operating independently. At the moment, four of our services don't presume the existence of OpenStack (Ironic, Swift, Glance, Neutron), and ironic in particular has just conducted UX interviews, where some of our interviewees expressed the desire to only have ironic, and only to manage their metal (example:
Compete with Ubuntu's MAAS).

Has this group discussed these cases at all, or are we more focused towards addressing these services in the context of a larger cloud?

Michael