[Product] Non-Cloud Product Validation

Michael Krotscheck krotscheck at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 17:23:23 UTC 2016

Hello, everyone!

The ironic team is curious as to whether this group has done any work to
validate product uses for openstack services operating independently. At
the moment, four of our services don't presume the existence of OpenStack
(Ironic, Swift, Glance, Neutron), and ironic in particular has just
conducted UX interviews, where some of our interviewees expressed the
desire to only have ironic, and only to manage their metal (example:
Compete with Ubuntu's MAAS).

Has this group discussed these cases at all, or are we more focused towards
addressing these services in the context of a larger cloud?

Michael